Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2010

Thank You, WAHMs!

Mother's Day is coming up this Sunday, so I thought it would be a nice gesture to link to some of my favorite sites from work-at-home moms, or WAHMs, as they are known across the internet.

These hardworking, self-sacrificing stay-at-home mothers deserve big kudos for putting aside their personal needs and goals to make sure their kids are raised the way they believe they should be. (I wish I had been able to stay at home when my kids were little).

Most of the WAHMs I know not only are raising their kids at home, they also work online to supplement their husband's paychecks. Heck, there are even full-time WAHMs who are single and raising kids alone! (and yes, Dads too!)

**This post is not meant to lessen the appreciation of mothers who do not stay at home with their kids. I was one of those moms when my boys were growing up, a career woman, so I can hardly point any fingers. Circumstances for each family is different. There are many variables that affect a moms decision to either stay at home or enter the workforce when her children are small, so be careful not to judge. (If you are a mom who works outside the home and you have a blog or website, please leave me a comment with the link. If I collect enough sites I will make a separate post just for ya'll!)

With that said, below are a few of my favorite WAHM blogs and/or websites. Take the time this weekend to visit and let these moms know what a great job they are doing raising tomorrow's citizens!

Work at Home Mom Revolution--daily job listings and mom news

A Frog in my Soup--adventures, thoughts, and advice from the mom of 6 boys

Mom Gadget--this stay-at-home mom is a force all her own! This site also has a forum for moms.

Sparkplugging--This site from Kelly McCausey, who is also another huge internet force in the WAHM world, has a contest that ran a few months ago where WAHMs voted for their favorite WAHM blogs. I just discovered this, and it has links to 60 something blogs, so I think it's better at this point to let the experts take over!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment